Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grain of Salt

Ok, so, no recipe today, just a little haul of my new find. What started out as a routine trip for some shampoo and toothpaste at the drugstore turned into a pleasant discovery.
I went in and grabbed my few necessities. With my shampoo and toothpaste in hand, I made my way to the candy isle. While reaching for my usual Ghirardelli milk chocolate squares with caramel, I just happened to look over to the right. What a surprise my eyes beheld! It was a Lindt dark chocolate bar with a touch if sea salt. I picked it up, of course. I paid for my stuff, got in my car, and ate it on the way home. The whole thing. Yep. Sure did, and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The smooth chocolate melted almost right away in my fingers. As I ate, it progressed into a muted bitterness and gave way to a mellow saltiness. Should I be this infatuated with a candy bar? Maybe not. But I am, and I just had to share it with my other foodie friends. I hope you give it a try, and enjoy it.
In other news, I'm working on a simple recipe, and I hope to have it posted soon, so be on the lookout for that. Have a delicious day!

Chocolate and sea salt,
- Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment